emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Cinder: Book One in the Lunar Chronicles

Cinder  - Marissa Meyer ED AND EM'S REVIEWS IS GIVING AWAY CINDER SIGNED BY MARISSA MEYER UNTIL 10/8/2012.As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!Cinder is the most interesting take on a classic fairytale that I have read thus far. Cinderella was born into a world without technology, but Cinder, the main character of this novel was born into a life of cyborgs, moon people and hover crafts.From the first time I heard of this novel, I was intrigued. I've been on a dystopian kick ever since I read The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. There are a lot of this genre that have not been very good. This is not one of those books. It was phenomenal! I loved the characters, the situations and the struggles. Everything about this book clicked.Cinder is one of my all time favorite female characters. She's strong, brave, true to herself and really cares about her loved ones. You can see that within the first few chapters. She loves her step-sister, Peony. Those are the female protagonists that I enjoy reading about! Plus, she's a mechanic! That just tells you how hardcore she is. She doesn't let what others think of her really affect what she does or who she is. In a world where cyborgs exist, but don't have the same rights and are unliked by the rest of the population, she does what she needs to do to take care of herself, her companion, Iko and her step-sister, Peony. She is a true heroine!Don't even get me started on Prince Kai. He's so swoon worthy. I just love his name too! All of the names in the book are really interesting! Ms. Meyer really does a great job on creating characters and giving them the perfect names. Two thumbs up, for sure!The villains in this book are also really awesome. The villains are usually what make the book. If you don't have a good villan, it is hard to really get into your book. Cinder does not have that problem! There are multiple "villains" that range in evilness and that really helps the book by giving it more conflict.The major "twist" in this story is not really a twist. It's a bit obvious, but I still bounced up and down when I read it. The way that the author wrote it really made it work. My breath literally was taken away and I actually made little, "SQUEE!" noises. Judge if you will.My brain is in jumbles over this book. It has everything you need! Mystery, a subtle romance, action, adventure and a dystopian society that has a treaty with humans that live on the moon. I recommend it to everyone. And I am dying for the next book. I literally need it in my arms right now! Fantastic!