emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Etiquette & Espionage

Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger I rarely read steampunk novels anymore. They interest me, but Gail Carriger seems to have ruined all others for me since I read her utterly brilliant Parasol Protectorate series--now no one else can compare. Etiquette & Espionage is no different. Carriger's writing is absolutely addictive. There's no other way to describe it. She has a way with words that has transcended from PP to this spin-off and hopefully beyond. She should never stop writing about this world because it's perfection.I was a bit worried when I started it. I wanted to love the book, but I wasn't sure where Carriger was going to take the story. I shouldn't have worried. I had so much fun reading this book. It's imaginative, fun and so hard to put down. The characters are charming in their own ways, and so sweet that you'll want to put them in your pocket. Plus the PP cameos made me so happy! The plot moved slowly, but steadily and it never missed its mark for me.I cannot wait for book two (and the rest of the series!) and I sincerely recommend this book to everyone. It's light-hearted and sure to entertain, even after you've finished.