emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Dead to You - Lisa McMann Review as seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!5/5 StarsI feel sick over this book. It was brilliant.Everything Lisa McMann writes is phenomenal.This book was not what I was expecting. Though, I've come to realize that Ms. McMann doesn't exactly have the greatest relationship with happily ever afters. I LOVED this book. Everything about it blew my mind.Ethan was an amazing character. Every ache he felt ripped my heart to shreds. Everything he thought filled my mind. Blake was, of course, my least favorite character. I can understand his motives, but the way that he went about it? It made me ill. He really was not a genuine character. Mama and Dad made me so sad. You could see their love for their son, but I just didn't think that they made the right decisions. Grace was wonderful. I adored her and the book wouldn't have been the same without her. Cami was great, too. Ethan's relationship with her made really only brought more to the book.The plot was gripping. I couldn't put the book down. I kept telling myself that I'd only read another five chapters and the next thing I know, I'm finished with the book. I almost screamed when I read the ending. Such a twist, it's expected, but you just don't want to believe it. It broke my heart. And the fact that it ended that way? Ugh, I'm dying. If this doesn't get a little follow-up, I may never be happy again.This book was utterly enthralling. I just can't find anything wrong with it. The prose fit the characters and plot perfectly. Everything about this book was just perfect.Ms. McMann has done it again. It seems as though, she will never disappoint me when her work. (Knock on wood!)