emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Astarte's Wrath - Trisha Wolfe As seen on Book Jems!4.5 StarsAstarte's Wrath was brilliant. A magical twist on Egyptian history, Trisha Wolfe has written the most fascinating story that left my heart in pieces.I didn't really know what to expect from this novel. I've never read a story based off of Egyptian history and mythology before, though I've found the subject interesting ever since our study of it in the sixth grade. I'm glad this was the way I started because I have fallen even more in love with the culture and mythology.Star and Xarion are a couple that readers will root for from the very beginning. There interactions are sweet and sexy and filled with lots of love. I liked most of the characters! Though I was shocked by the betrayals and cruelty of some, those details made for a more compelling story. The author gives us characters root for and characters to see as evil. It works out excellently for this book.This is a fast-paced, action-filled story that also provides a good deal of angst and romance. It had me hooked from the very first chapter! With battle scenes, a forbidden romance and a country falling apart, Astarte's Wrath is an adventure for all. As I am not very knowledgable about the subject, I do not know how accurate the background story is, but it sure did provide from some thrilling entertainment. I really wish we could see more of this world and its characters in a series, but I am pleased with the ending the author gives us. It finalizes the story, while leaving the readers with piece-of-mind.Astarte's Wrath is a pretty short read. The novel has a lot of detail, and probably could've been spread out over several hundred pages, but I think for the age group that this is written for, it is the perfect length. Too much more would've overdone it. The author's writing style did very well for the novel as well. This was just an all-around great story. I had fun reading it, but it also had the ability to really hurt my heart. I think fans of fantasy and mythology will find something to love in this. I will definitely be reading the companion novel, Destiny's Fire, because I am completely pulled to this idea now. I think Trisha Wolfe has an amazing storytelling talent that I hope to see more of in the future!I received an e-copy of this novel from the author for my honest opinion and review.