emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #1) - Tellulah Darling Find my interview with the author HERE.As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!Instead of calling this a review, this should be classified as a fangirling episode. The gist of the following is: READ THIS BOOK. BUY IT. STEAL IT FROM SOMEONE. WHATEVER IT TAKES.As soon as I finished My Ex From Hell, I immediately picked up Ms. Darling's first novel, Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls so I wouldn't start going through withdrawals of humor. Let me tell you, this is an author to watch! Tellulah spins mythology brilliantly and makes My Ex From Hell the funniest retelling I've ever read!Sophie thought she was your average human, living an average life. She's trying to destroy her mortal enemy. Until kissing an complete jerk, albeit an extremely attractive, complete jerk, she thought she was mortal as well. Then she began to regain her memories. Not only was she the goddess, Persephone, but she was in a relationship with Kai, said extremely attractive jerk whom she kissed. Now to figure out how exactly this happened to her, she must unlock her past, with the help of her jerky ex and two best friends, to figure out exactly who and why someone was trying to murder her former self.This book was hilarious! Sophie has to be one of my favorite main characters of all time. She has a fantastic humor that kept me reading from start to finish. Her personality is relatable and her inner monologue left me in stitches. Her best friends, Hannah and Theo, only add to this story. The trio is an absolute riot, but they also obviously care for one another, which is always a plus in friendships. And Kai's hot. A total skeez, but hot. Like so hot that I drooled a bit every time he was mentioned. That hot. He's also a bit of a d-bag. Though, instead of making him less attractive, I found myself rooting for him and Sophie even more.From the moment Tellulah begins this story, I was enraptured. It was impossible to put the book down. I actually read it in one sitting, though I only meant to read a few chapters to help me fall asleep. (Stupid Tellulah and her engaging story.) The plot is filled to the brim with hilarity and adventure. It will continuously keep its readers on their toes. It's original and witty, a complete and total win.There is only one thing I didn't like about My Ex From Hell and that was the fact that it ended! It was such a good story that I was genuinely disappointed that the sequel is nowhere near being released. No, now I, and all of the other fans, have to wait until October to read the next installment. (Stupid calendar system.) I sincerely am looking forward to the second book. I'm sure that it will be just as fantastic as the first. Though… for the sake of my heart, I can only hope that Tellulah will give Kai and Sophie a break! (Because they belong together like peanut butter and jelly, or Blay and Qhuinn--AMIRITE, TELLULAH?)I received an e-copy of this novel for my honest opinion and review from the publisher via Netgalley.