emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Forgiving Trinity - Liz Reinhardt As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!Every once in a while, you read a book that really speaks to you. The message is moving, inspiring and so deep that it makes your heart honestly ache. I've had a few of these novels so far this year and Forgiving Trinity by Liz Reinhardt is one of them. I couldn't relate to a lot of Trinity's situation, but I could understand her fears, self-consciousness and regrets. I love books that are able to draw me into a situation I've never been in before and really understand it. Forgiving Trinity does exactly that.This book is heavy. The material is not for the faint of heart. It's nitty gritty. It's difficult. It's real. And it's completely inspiring. It has amazing ideas, a great plot and lessons that everyone needs to learn. I have no qualms with this book. There is nothing I would change or delete, it was utterly perfect. LIE! Actually, my only problem with the novel is that it ended. If it had been up to me, it would've been a perpetual novel.The characters were amazing. I loved Trinity from the beginning. She was a scared, frightened girl who had gotten in trouble and was changing herself because she WANTED to. Many characters try to change themselves for others, but Trinity was strong enough to realize that being the person that everyone else wanted her to be wouldn't make her happy. By the end of this book, she's making decisions for herself and not letting what anyone else has to say affect her. The contrast of her character from the beginning to the end is phenomenal. Her maturity grows as the story develops. She's so strong. She was not the only wonderful character in this novel. Trinity's friends and family were amazing. It was nice to see a group of people supporting our protagonist. Many books that deal with this subject make the main character deal with her problems alone. This is one reason that Forgiving Trinity will stick with me for a while. It goes outside the norm. Trinity's best friend and dad had to be my favorites though! Her dad reminded me a lot of my own and her best friend was amazing. Ruth was just what Trinity needed. I loved almost all of her characters! The only character that I never liked and couldn't like even by the end of the book, is Jules. That's probably just because I'm bitter and hold grudges for a long, long time. The book was great. I don't know how else to state it. I really recommend it. It has a great narrator and beautiful language. It's a great length. Not too long, not too short. It's not too predictable and it's predictability does nothing to take away from the beauty of the book. I really enjoyed the entirety of it. If you need a book to really speak to you and move you, this is what you are looking for!Ms. Reinhardt writes a great story. This is the first book of hers that I've read, but I can tell you after the great experience I had when reading this book, it will not be the last.I received a free e-copy of this novel for a blog tour in exchange for my honest review.