emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green I pre-ordered this book in July.That tells you how excited I was for it.It did not disappoint me. I was able to completely connect with the characters. It was so easy to fall in love with them. And don't even get me started on John's writing style. One minute he had me in sobby, snoty tears and the next, I was laughing my butt off. He has a way with incorporating his humor into the emotional parts so that you feel hope. The characters in this book really made that work. The situations were believable, insightful and so very sad.Growing up in a household victimized by cancer only made me love this book more. I am forcing my mother, a seventeen year breast cancer survivor read this. I read her the first three pages and that had her begging me to send it to her. My favorite line in the novel was, "And in freedom, most people find sin." It literally gave me chills. This whole novel was fantastic. Please go out and buy as soon as possible. You will not regret it. John Green has the most amazing way with words.