emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Falling - Cecilia Gray She can do it all, ladies and gents! Again, I'll state how much I love Cecilia Gray's writing. She's flexible with her writing style and genres. Falling is a paranormal romance, and the fifth work that I've read of Cecilia's. She has also written historical romance and a classic retelling as a young adult contemporary. And I've loved them all!This book was definitely not what I was expecting. Not. At. All. And not in a bad way. I really enjoyed reading this story. It was a captivating storyline with great characters and a beautiful writing style. Cecilia warned me ahead of time, saying that not many people enjoyed all of her stories because each series is different from the next, but personally, I've more than enjoyed them all!Immediately, I loved the setting and characters of this story. Especially Jason… Mmm, Jason. Laurie was another favorite. She's such a strong character and loves her sister so much. Her loyalty is to Alexis first and foremost. The relationship between Alexis and Laurie is so sweet. I wanted to punch Mhaya in the face repeatedly. I'm six-hundred percent sure that I could take that woman in a fist fight. (Okay, okay, I'd totally lose, but the point is that I hate her.)I don't know a lot about history or mythology. I enjoy reading stories with both of those concepts, but the accuracy is lost on me. I've read a few reviews that say the timeline needs to be checked, so I don't know what to believe with that, but I sure as heck liked it. My only issue was the insta-love. Ugh, insta-love. It works well in a novella because novella's are short, but for some reason, it didn't work for me in this story. I loved the two main characters and their attraction to each other, but I didn't like that love occurred so quickly. Besides that, I want more. I wish it had been pulled into a full novel because I was so intrigued by everything that happened in the story!Cecilia's descriptions are phenomenal. I couldn't put my kindle down because I. Just. Had. To. Keep. Reading.I'm definitely going to continue with this series as well. I can't wait to see what happens next and how much of the other characters will be included in novella two.