emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Armed & Dangerous - Abigail Roux As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!Armed & Dangerous is the fifth installment in the Cut & Run series. I'll admit that I was nervous going into this. I didn't know what to expect from this book since one of the authors departed from the series. But I really enjoyed it. It's a bit different from the other books, but Ty and Zane's relationship, plus Cameron and Julian's made the book fit in really well with the preceding books. I'll just start out by saying that I'm a big fan of this series. I've been in love with it since the beginning. Ty and Zane are two characters that I will never get enough of. The action and thrills within the novel only make it better. Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux were a duo that couldn't be beat. I was shocked when I found out the Abigail would continue the series alone, but I knew that wouldn't stop me from reading because I had complete faith in her. And that faith was very just.There are quite a few cheesy parts, but I enjoyed them. Because seriously! It's Ty and Zane, you can't help but love everything about them and their wonderful, sometimes completely messed up relationship. It's a love that you can't help but cheer on through every misstep and swoon at in every romantic moment. There's some angst in this book, though that was no surprise. Ms. Roux writes wonderful. You can feel her characters' emotions.I was on edge through the entire novel. My stomach was so knotted that it made it hard to breathe because I couldn't imagine what was going to happen next. Julian has always been a mystery for me. I love the book where his and Cameron's story began, Warrior's Cross. Through it all, I could never pin Julian down though. All I know is that he would do anything to keep Cameron safe. And that made him unpredictable. Unpredictability makes me nervous, and understandably so. This book razzled my nerves because I never saw the twists coming. That was great! The action and adventure parts of this novel are just as good as the previous books. I was kept surprised and on my toes throughout the novel. The banter between the characters made the story very fun to read. I loved the interactions between Julian and Ty. They really are so much alike and it is obvious when you put them together in this novel. The entire story is very entertaining and sure to keep anyone's attention.To be honest, I was not as captivated by this book as I was the first four. I didn't have trouble keeping up with it, but I skimmed a few parts involuntarily. It seemed to lack a bit, but I still really enjoyed it and read it in the span of one day because it kept my constant attention. (Plus, I'd been waiting to read it for forever, I needed to know what happened next!) I once spoke with Abigail Roux and she said there were plans to have seven novels in the series. I don't know if that is still true, but if it is, I will be a loyal fan until the very end! Armed & Dangerous was no disappointment!