emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) - Abbi Glines I liked this a lot. Not as much as I hoped I would, but a lot.I loved Dank. He is magnificent. Such a great character. Everything about him made me love him more. He's the reason that I give this book four stars instead of three. He's my perfect man. I want to have Pagan's life, just so I can have this man. That's how much I adore him.I am not sure what made it so hard to get into this. I think it was the main character, Pagan's friends. Miranda was too rambunctious for me. I think that's what it was, at least. There wasn't enough of Pagan and Wyatt time for him to really be considered one of Pagan's best friends. That's how I felt at least. And her love interest, Leif, well he annoyed me to no end. Yes, it seemed like he really cared about Pagan, but something about their relationship didn't work. The fact that Pagan knew she didn't want to be with him, but kept a relationship with him really irked me.The plot was awesome. It was very original and engaging. I've read a few books like this, but not so many as the plot was overdone. It had unique twists that made it even easier to read and invest in. I was hooked for the most parts. There were a few points in the book where I lost some interest, but overall I really enjoyed reading it. Plus, I love, love, loved the cover! It really pulled my interest. I think it's the male's eyes that really captured me, but I just love it!After reading this novel, I will definitely read its sequel and the other books that the author has published and released!