emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
The Chosen One - Carol Lynch Williams This book was unbelievable. I couldn't put it down from the moment I started it.It's traumatizing, honestly, and makes your heart ache so hard, it burns. Kyra's story is so good - and I don't just mean the way it was written, but Kayra as a person and the things she had to overcome. From the very first paragraph, you can tell how unhappy Kyra is with her life on the compound. Her stroy keeps you on the edge of your seat through every moment. And everything that hurts young Kyra, you can feel as though you were her. With every struggle, my heart broke a little more.The writing is simply beautiful. You immediately can connect with Kyra and feel the intensity of her life, even though most of us can't truly say we've been in her position.This book was hardcore and intense. Every time I think of this book, I can still remember how my face burned red as I finished.I recommend this to everyone and I hope that those who read it agree with me and love it as much as I did. It's a fast, amazing, well-written read that will honestly leave you breathless and hopeful, albeit hurt, for young Kyra.