emfrombookjems

Reading, Writing and Being Generally Awesome

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Fall For You (The Jane Austen Academy Series #1: A Modern Retelling of Pride & Prejudice) - Cecilia Gray As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!5/5 Stars!I'd like to thank the lovely Cecilia Gray for giving me a copy of this novel to review!This book? AMAZING. I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down! Yes, it was THAT good. I couldn't believe it at first, how much I loved this book.I'm a huge fan of retellings, especially ones of Jane Austen novels. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite story that gets retold and my favorite Jane Austen novel period. It's a great story and there are many ways it can be twisted to be made a modern story. Most of the Pride and Prejudice retellings that I've read have been amazing. This novel is no exception!The author writes so realistically. I could feel myself in Lizzie's shoes. She's a great teenage character. She makes mistakes, questions them and regrets them later. She's stubborn and goes after what she wants. Lizzie was really relatable. She reminded me of myself in a lot of ways. The characters are all as realistic as Lizzie is. You could understand their emotions and their relationships were typical teenage romances.Words can not do this book justice! It's addictive and mysterious and intriguing. Fall For You is also very different from other books like it. It was refreshing! It has drama, romance and the right amount of mystery. (Though the big reveal is pretty obvious, even if you haven't read the original novel. But it definitely doesn't take away from the plot!)I loved this book. Loved, with a capital "L." I would give this ten stars if I could. I need the sequel now! I will definitely be reading more from this author!Fall For You is a short, light read that young adult romance lovers of all ages will enjoy! You should go out and buy it as soon as possible!